In my 12th year of coaching college engineering students, I concur with David Goldberg in his assertion that engineering students are missing eight skills critical to being a complete, effective, and whole engineer. View his talk at TEDxUIUC, “7 Missing Basics of Engineering.” My Engineering Stories are an attempt to encourage engineering students to practice many of these skills.
‘Experience’ engineering now, by reading the book. Get it for yourself, students, the classroom, or engineers at Amazon
- 56,523 hits
- Call for New Draft Novelette Readers
- Coaches, Cars, and Character
- Reading for Pleasure – by Henry Petroski
- Watching humans set foot on the moon fixed an engineer’s passion to go farther
- What is the Secret to Invent? Decompose the Functions!
- Coach Log – The call to Coach another Year
- Too binary in your engineering thinking?
- STEM Talk – Engineering is Cool